31.3.11

She Organises and Declutters

Yesterday was a gloomy, rainy day at home. So, I lit some candles...




....and got on with a little 'todo' I had in the back of my mind. A recent birthday saw me being spoiled with a new jewellery box! I knew that it was probably time for a little re-organising in the sparkle department, and this was the perfect excuse. So I sat the old and the new side by side...

On the left, my new Bling Box, on the right my Dearly Beloved!
Not exactly a hot mess, but I was looking forward to giving everything a little space to Shine!

The best way to kick off a decluttering/organising project, whether it be a whole room or just a little spot like this....take EVERYTHING out of the space! That way you can really assess what you want to put back in, and you're less likely to keep hanging on to things you really don't need anymore.

It was definitely time to whip out the polishing cloth...

...an 18th charm gets some love, and a 1st sweetheart charm waits its turn.

What a difference a clean makes!

Oh dear, definitely time for a chuck out! 16 was a lot of loves ago!

 Deedlee dee!!

Ta Da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much more room for the special ones to breath...

...

...on their beds of velvety grass.

A charmed life!

A Diva $5 bargain that will never grow old...

...sits next to my biggest splurge EVER. The one my father will never let me live down, my $400 Nixon watch. Bought during a far more frivolous time in my life, before Hubs and B4, when disposable income was taken for granted! I still love it :o)

All of my rings found their new home in the Bling Box. From left to right, top to bottom: *Marcasite, bought for myself at a pivotal point in my life. *Sterling silver, bought for myself just 'coz! *A sweet little owl, was my mother's - once lost, then discovered and dug up from the garden! *The first ring my Hubs ever bought for me, which caused a LOT of confusion for my family one Christmas morning!! Alas, no proposal then... *The REAL engagement ring, given to me where we first met on Moreton Island. *A little bumble bee toe ring found by my dad at his work years ago (one of the perks of cleaning pool filters!). *Another 'found' ring on the beaches of Moreton Island. *My great Aunt's opal ring. *And last but not least, my Princess Diana costume ring, bought at a church fair when I was just old enough to earn pocket money! Flanked by odd earrings that I wasn't ready to part with just yet! Thrifty me thinks they might make pretty little pins!
Have you got a special spot to store your Precious's?! When was the last time you gave your jewellery box some serious love? Have your favourite charms lost their lustre?  And if you haven't invested in a jewellery cloth, get onto it! That little necklace you were almost ready to chuck due to it's lacklustre appearance just needs some love from you!!

xo Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment